Todi, with its strategic position on the top of a hill, offers a breathtaking view of the surrounding countryside and the Tiber valley, as well as numerous historical monuments that attract visitors from all over the world.
Whether you’re planning to visit or looking for information about the city, this article will provide you with all the information you need.
Todi is a medieval city located on top of a hill in the heart of Umbria. The city has a history rich in culture and tradition and is famous for its architecture, breathtaking views and delicious food.
What to see in Todi
Among the many places to visit in Todi we mention:
- Piazza del Popolo: the main square of the city overlooked by the Palazzo del Capitano and Palazzo del Popolo and the Duomo
- The Temple of San Fortunato: a 13th-century Romanesque church with a bell tower and a non finished facade
- The painted house, artistic testimony of the Irish painter Brian O’ Doherty
- The Parco della Rocca which houses the Beverly Pepper Park
- The Nunziatina church, with its splendid frescoes
In addition to visiting the historical places, there are many activities to do in Todi, including:
- Stroll the medieval streets of the city and admire the historic architecture.
- Taste the Umbrian cuisine in the numerous restaurants of the city.
- Participate in a wine tasting at one of the local wineries
- Enjoy a walk in the Parco della Rocca, a green area located behind the historic center that includes the Beverly Pepper Park.
How to reach Todi
Located about 150 km north of Rome and 50 km south of Perugia, it is easily accessible by car, alternatively, you can take a bus from Perugia or Rome.
Todi is a city that definitely deserves a visit for its beauty, history and culture. With its breathtaking architecture, spectacular views and delicious Umbrian cuisine, Todi offers a unique experience to its visitors. Plan your trip to Todi and let yourself be conquered by its wonders.